Ivan is a carpet cleaner turned restoration professional. Direct marketing is not as simple as it used to be. Inbound marketing is very important, but unless you know how the industry works it is very difficult to sell.
Carpet cleaner turned restoration professional is a common path for a lot of us. Turning their expertise into a successful educational company is not.
Ivan Turner has been teaching agent & adjuster marketing for the past ten years. He has written programs to teach restoration companies to properly marketing themselves to the insurance industry.
Direct marketing is not a simple as it used to be. Inbound marketing is very important, but unless you know how the industry works it is very difficult to sell.
In this episode, Ivan dishes on the various educational oportunities that exist today for restoration professionals, from Water Restoration Tech to Certified Xactimate Professional.
It was great to have him on the show.
- Education starts with the basics: WRT, ASD and other IICRC and RIA technical training.
- OJT and time in service are key to mastering the ins & outs of restoration.
- Certified Restorer’s school is the top certification.
- Continuing education should continue beyond initial certs.
- LinkedIn is a powerful learning and networking tool for ALL business people as well as restoration contractors. Understanding more about your target market, whether it’s agents or plumbers, begins with getting involved in niche groups on sites like LinkedIn.